Monday, January 9, 2012

The Challenge Ahead

Do you ever hear something so often it loses meaning to you? This morning the lyrics of Great is Thy Faithfulness were playing in my head. My grandfather used to sing it around his house when I was little and I am very familiar with the song. The lyrics are wonderful, but they have become just that. They have lost meaning to me when I sing them. If I am to be honest, I don't believe that more often than naught. Why is that? In my head I believe that God is faithful, but do my heart and my actions prove it? They haven't this last year, and there certainly isn't any reason for them not to. God has been more than faithful, more than generous, and more loving than I could ever imagine.

So why don't my actions, thoughts, etc. show it? The simple answer is-sin. I have doubted God(though proven wrong every time). I have feared my future, the future of my family, the future of my marriage, the safety of my baby, and anything I could possibly not have complete control over.

I have been guilty of not fully trusting God by not fully trusting my husband because of fear. Fear of a life too hard or more lonely than I'd imagined. Fear that our family will always struggle, fear that God might be calling me to something higher than I call myself to. That's the scariest one. Truthfully, I just realized that's what I am most scared of.

I am challenging myself this year. Challenging myself in ways I've always been too scared to before. This blog is going to follow my journey of discovering what life is like when I really believe what I know to be true and follow through with actions. I'm not afraid to be honest and I'll probably say some things I'd normally be afraid to admit. I want to grow and growing things change.

Great is thy faithfulness! Great is thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see
All I have needed thy hand hath provided;
Great is thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!

No comments:

Post a Comment