Monday, February 4, 2013

I Can Do It!

I can do it! Words you probably wouldn't hear out of my mouth too often, but all too often come from my heart, and not in a good way. Have you ever struggled with holding onto something seemingly small, but big enough to become an idol in your life? Big enough to make a dramatic negative impact in your walk with the Lord? I have. I could tell you thousands of ways the Lord has dramatically provided above and beyond what I have ever needed and in many cases, what I just wanted. Ironically enough, this is the area where I struggle the most. I struggle to instinctively trust that God will provide, I struggle with confessing that I am struggling and not openly giving God the glory that comes by letting others see his provision. I struggle with not working, and "providing" things for my family that I easily could, if I was working. What I really mean is that I struggle with being my own savior. Working, making money and providing "things" doesn't impact my family for eternity. Who I am matters more than what I can "do" to provide. My "job" is to point my family to Christ in every aspect of my life and teach them to look to Him. What a privilege I take for granted far too often.

Thank you, Lord for your conviction, forgiveness and grace.

Isaiah 43:10-12
English Standard Version (ESV)
10 “You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord,
    “and my servant whom I have chosen,
that you may know and believe me
    and understand that I am he.
Before me no god was formed,
    nor shall there be any after me.
11 I, I am the Lord,
    and besides me there is no savior.
12 I declared and saved and proclaimed,
    when there was no strange god among you;
    and you are my witnesses,” declares the Lord, “and I am God.

No comments:

Post a Comment