Monday, May 23, 2016

Life Changes

I know I'm really behind in documenting what has been going on with our family. A lot has happened, and honestly, it's been pretty hard to process it, much less talk about it and share it with the world. I'm going to give a few little(ha) updates and over the next few weeks I will start to dive back into a routine of writing about what the Lord has been teaching me. I'm still processing it all, so it will be raw, but isn't that where the most growth takes place? Vulnerability and total surrender, raw emotions and feelings, and preaching truth to myself. That's where I am at.

Here is the quick run down of some of the major changes we made this year.

Carlos and I went on vacation(alone-hallelujah) right after Jakob went to live with his dad, and came back refreshed and ready to start our "new normal". There was a lot of adjustment for all of us. I think it took me several months to go anywhere and not feel like we'd left someone behind. The kids were so sad to see Jakob go, but they were happy he could be with his dad and understood the good in that. They knew that being with his dad was the best for him. There were feelings of great loss, hope for his future and excitement for the unknowns of ours as we moved forward. Change was in the air and we knew it was coming for us again, but we didn't know how. We were just restless and had great anticipation for what was ahead. We had no idea what was coming.

Fast forward a few months, and we decide to move closer to Carlos' work. His company was building a new building in McKinney, and we decided to find a house to rent out there, and kick his commute to the curb. We looked for a few weeks, and found a house ten minutes from his new location. The moving out process was exhausting, and difficult, but moving into our new place was really smooth and we are really enjoying having daddy so close to home right now.

A few weeks into being in the new house, I threw up in the garage while leaving for church. That should have given away a big change, but it didn't. Fast forward a few more weeks, and I'm a raging hormonal lunatic, sick all the time and feeling like a different person. I casually take a pregnancy test before I start my next round of thyroid meds(a precautionary measure) and am floored to see it is positive. Somehow, I hadn't caught on to all the NORMAL cues my body had been sending out for weeks. How could I not know? DENIAL-that's how. Seven positive tests, denial. After the seventh test came up positive, I texted my midwife and decided she was worth the drive to walk us through this pregnancy. I honestly was freaking out. I was very much not trying to get pregnant, and there I was, staring at a counter full of positive tests. Jayden had been telling me for weeks I was pregnant and was praying for the BABIES in my tummy every night. We should have taken him seriously. He is always right. More on this pregnancy later...

Carlos has recently been promoted at work and is loving his new position. The kids and I are loving that he no longer has to travel. That is a huge blessing, especially being so far away from our family now and throwing a pregnancy into the picture.

We are attending a new church out here in McKinney and have been making new friends. That process is always hard, and it was a rough start, but we are happy to have made some wonderful friends and found a church community.

The kids are growing like weeds, and changing more and more every day. I can't believe how far we have come in just one year.
  Jayden is keeping us on our toes, as always, and has recently been accepted into a speech therapy program that will start this fall. He is looking forward to starting school and making new friends. He is our social butterfly and is always inviting people over. He loves playing sports and hanging out with older boys. I hope he continues to love on people and grow in his love of hospitality. We enjoy our snuggles, time reading and mommy and Jayden dates. He is verbally loving and always has something sweet to say to me(especially on days he makes me want to lose my mind). We are working on his sensory processing issues, and have made some great strides in that area. We recently learned he is a true ambidextrous, and that has explained so much! We look forward to learning more about that and how to walk with him through things he is struggling with.
  Eliana has completely come out of her shell this year. She decided she would start talking, and hasn't stopped. She is a true diva and performer. She has become more emotional and physically loving, but maintains her tough girl status on the playground and with her brothers. She still runs the ship when it comes to their relationship, while wearing her Elsa costumes and dancing around them. She loves her Target dates with mommy and cooking/doing anything domestic with me. This has been a great growth opportunity for me, as I have yet to master the art of "letting go" and getting out of task mode. She helps me slow down, take things less seriously and enjoy being with her.  I love having her as my right hand, little lady.
  Ian, my sweet, rugged and burly teddy bear. I love that boy. He has been such a joy since he was born and continues to bring great joy. He has started to really show his personality. It is SO fun. He is quite the little joker, and athlete, while still adoring his books and animals. There is not a day that goes by that does not involve dozens of books and animal references. He brings life and laughter to our everyday life and we are so thankful for him.

We are currently looking ahead to the end of our lease and trying to figure out what we want for our family, and where God wants us to put down some roots. We are looking for a home that we can entertain in and some land to expand on, while not being too far from work and family. It's proving to be a difficult task, but we are patiently waiting to see what the Lord has for us.

Now that you are caught up on some of the changes, in the next few posts I will start to get into the craziness and where the Lord has really brought us this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment